Prahran Square Library
Prahran Square Library is one of four libraries within the City of Stonnington
Located in the heart of Prahran at Prahran Square (the Northern end), the library is open for browsing, borrowing and reading from popular collections. You can collect your reservations, return items and use the free Wi-Fi.
Visit the library to:
- Browse, borrow and read from popular collections;
- Collect your reservations;
- Return items;
- Print, copy and scan documents; and
- Use the free Wi-Fi.
A 500-bay car park facility is located directly below the parkland. The car park is open 24-hours and entry is via Izett Street.
|Monday||10:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
Closed on public holidays
Welcome to Stonnington Library and Information Service.
As a member, you can access services and collections from all our four libraries, History Centre and Home Library Service. Our libraries offer spaces to read, learn, connect, create and relax in.
Join at any of the four libraries or online.
To join, you’ll need proof of your name and current Victorian address. There is no minimum joining age but if you’re under 18 you’ll need a parent or guardian’s signature.
Find out more about:
If you're not already, become a library member to browse, borrow and read from popular collections, collect reservations, and get help with information queries and basic tech troubleshooting.
If you’re already a member, download our app for easy access.
On joining the library you agree to the following conditions:
- Present your library card each time you borrow.
- Accept responsibility for all items borrowed on your library card until returned to the library and processed by staff.
- As a guarantor, accept responsibility for the choice of items borrowed and for use made of the internet and video games by persons under 18.
- Pay replacement and processing costs for any item(s) lost, destroyed or damaged while on loan, apart from damage by reasonable wear and tear.
- Notify the library immediately if your library card is lost or stolen.
- Notify the library of any change in your personal details, such as name and/or address.
- Abide by the City of Stonnington Local Laws 2008.