We are encouraging the community and all visitors to Prahran Square to get involved in the first #YourLensPrahranSquare Photography Competition. For six weeks, from 15 July to 25 August, you could be in the running to win one of six $50 vouchers to spend at one of the Square’s great local businesses, including Reverie Café, Alison's Corner Shop and Bread and Pran Central.
Capture a moment that represents how you see the Square, how you use the Square or how others enjoy the Square.
Competition entries will be uploaded here, and two winners will be announced each fortnight, so if you’re keen on getting some exposure, get snapping!
Please fill out the #YourLensPrahranSquare Photography Competition Entry Form to submit your images. Images will be judged, and a winner will be announced here each fortnight.
*Please note Image and Privacy Consent requirements.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Prahran Square is Council owned property located at Prahran Square on Cato Street, Prahran, Victoria, Australia 3181.
- The 'Prahran Square Photography Competition' (the Competition) is being run and managed by City of Stonnington, 311 Glenferrie Road Malvern Victoria, Australia 3144 (Proponent).
- Entrance into the Competition is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- Failure by the Proponent to enforce any of its rights under these Terms and Conditions of Entry at any stage, does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Proponent may disqualify any entrant deemed to be not complying with the Terms and Conditions of Entry and the Entry Requirements at its discretion.
- Entry to the Competition is achieved by uploading an original photograph that captures Prahran Square, via the online form, in accordance with the below Entry Requirements during the promotional period.
- Entries must be submitted to the Competition during the campaign period from 10.00am (AEST) on Thursday 15 July 2021 to 11.59pm (AEST) on Wednesday 25 August 2021 (total of six  weeks) (the promotional period).
- Two winners will be selected and announced fortnightly on a Thursday during the promotional period, with six winners selected in total.
- Winners will be announced on the Proponent’s website and social media channels on Thursday 29 July, 12 August and 26 August inclusive.
Who can enter
- Save for Clauses 12 to 14 herein, the Competition is open to all individuals. Entrants do not need to be residents of the City of Stonnington.
- City of Stonnington staff, contractors and Councillors are not eligible for entry into the Competition.
- Entrants must qualify as amateur photographers. Amateur photographer is defined as ‘not currently earning primary income as a photographer’.
- Individuals under the age of 18 must ensure they have permission from a parent and or legal guardian before submitting their entry.
- Entry to the Competition is free.
- There is a limit of six (6) entries per person in total throughout the Competition and promotional period.
- Where an entry includes a photograph depicting a person/s, the entrant must submit an Image Release Form, signed by each individual captured in the photograph. This will evidence their consent to the submission of the photograph to the Proponent for the purposes of the Competition. No applicable photograph as described will be eligible into the Competition or published by the City of Stonnington without the completed Image Release Form.
- Where an entry includes a photograph depicting a person/s under the age of 18, the entrant must submit an Entry Form, signed by the parent or legal guardian of the minor. No applicable photograph as described will be eligible into the Competition or published by the City of Stonnington without signed parental consent on the Entry Form.
- Photographs must:
- Be taken solely within Prahran Square;
- Not contain any content that: is sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory, profane or pornographic, involves nudity, promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons; promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about the Proponent or its partners, other companies or people; contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities, and/or other public or private figure, living or dead, without permission; communicates messages or images inconsistent with positive images and or goodwill; and/or violates any applicable laws.
- If any photograph contains any content as described by Clause 19(b), and/or is any way deemed obscene or offensive, Council reserves all of its rights to not accept the submission of entry and delete any such obscene or offensive materials.
- All image details are final at the time of submission of an entry. Entrants are unable to make edits to an image once an entry has been submitted.
- Images without overlaying text are preferred.
- Entrants are required to retain a copy of any photographs submitted online in the highest resolution possible and provide these upon request by the Proponent.
- Photographs may only be submitted online here.
- Hard copy entries received by the Proponent will be not be accepted, for lack of compliance with the Competition Entry Requirements.
- Photographs submitted as part of the Competition may be displayed by the Proponent online including (without limitation) social media and broadcast media channels. Photographs may be edited, amended and/or collated by the Proponent. As a condition of entering the Competition, entrants consent to having their photograph(s), name and suburb of residence published.
- By entering this competition, all entrants:
- Consent to the Proponent using, editing or modifying their photograph(s) to support the Proponent promotional material at any time without compensation;
- Warrant that photographs submitted are an original work that does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, intellectual property or moral rights of any third party;
- Warrant that all necessary consents to the use of the photograph(s) have been obtained, as required by the Competition Entry Requirements;
- To enter, eligible entrants must submit their entry here during the promotional period.
- Submission of a photograph taken previously and modified does not qualify as an original photograph for the purposes of these Entry Requirements.
Winner determination and prize information
- Two photographs each fortnight (total of six  weeks) will be selected during the promotional period as the fortnightly winners.
- Two photographs each fortnight, for a total of 6 weeks, will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by the City of Stonnington. The judges will review the photo based on the game of skill principles in accordance with the Competition Terms and Conditions.
- The judges reserve the right not to award a prize if they form the opinion that the entries submitted do not have sufficient merit to warrant a prize.
- An entrant can only win one (1) prize.
- Prizes for the Prahran Square Photography Competition in 2021 will be a $50.00 (AUD) gift voucher per prize-winner from a selected local business organised by the City of Stonnington each fortnight.
- Prize winners will be announced here and on social media channels each fortnight throughout the Competition. Winners will be contacted via the contact information provided in their entry form.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize in its form.
- Where a winner of a prize is under the age of 18, their prize will be awarded in the company of their parent or legal guardian.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with entry to the Competition.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including delays in submission due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
Privacy – collection notice
- City of Stonnington is committed to compliance with its obligations under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Victoria). All personal information (including images) collected by the Proponent will be used for Council business purposes and kept confidential, except as permitted in the above Terms and Conditions of Entry. These details will not be disclosed to third parties unless the Council is required to disclose the information under other legislation or disclosure is necessary to complete the purpose for which it is sought. Copies of the Council’s Information Privacy and Security Policy, together with details of how you may contact Council, are located on the Council’s website here.